What Employers Need to Know about Wellness Program Administration – A UBA Webinar Series
October 10, 2017 2:00 p.m. est - October 10, 2017 3:00 estThis webinar will cover what to consider when sponsoring a wellness program.
In this webinar, we will:
- Describe wellness programs
- Briefly describe the laws and regulations that govern wellness programs
- Discuss how employers should approach different levels of wellness program involvement, such as engaging with the carrier’s wellness program, offering a health risk assessment, and administering payroll deductions
- Address how an employer can be compliant with wellness program regulations when an employer uses a carrier-provided wellness program
- Discuss the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s regulations regarding spousal consent when the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA) applies to a wellness program
- Discuss the importance of having a bona fide wellness program if an employer implements a tobacco surcharge
- Provide sample language for a tobacco surcharge affidavit
- Discuss payroll deduction administration, such as applying a discount to an employee’s premium, changing premium amounts, and giving money back to employees based on their participation in the wellness program
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand how to administer wellness programs.
Lori Maring is Of Counsel in the Atlanta, Georgia, office of Fisher Phillips. She focuses her practice on helping employers navigate Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and other state and federal laws impacting the design, implementation and ongoing compliance of their employee benefit plans and programs.
She regularly advises clients on the Affordable Care Act, health and welfare benefits, qualified plans, executive compensation, Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWAs) and multiemployer plan issues.
Lorie also represents employers in managing Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Department of Labor (DOL) audits, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance and fiduciary obligations. She serves clients in the public and private sector, including non-profit organizations and trade associations.
This is part of the UBA Employer Webinar Series. Contact your BenePro account manager for a free or reduced coupon code.
Register for this webinar today while seating is still available.
This webinar event has been submitted to the Human Resource Certification Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management to qualify for 1 recertification credit hour.